Gaming console and its customized approach is ever evolving. And if you want to try out something more interesting, you have to have a little gamer’s zeal. Xbox one is the latest coming of age gaming console since 2013 when compared to its previous version Xbox 360.
Due to premium graphics, swift and fast processing and the welcoming storage capacity within are few of its traits due to which it has become less than a standard of recent times. In addition the next-level controller adds to the overall approach.
As a rule of thumb, Xbox goes well with the home television with best results. However, this is not the only parameter or restriction. If you are out of walls, and still want to enjoy Xbox gaming, that is still possible!
Besides, having an Xbox one is a thing, but using your laptop as a monitor for it is totally different. Do you want to know how to use a laptop as a monitor for Xbox one right now?
You don’t have to look elsewhere for the answer; I’ll walk you through the whole process right on this page.
Related Guide: How To Reboot your Laptop
Keep on scrolling!
Connecting Laptop As A Monitor For Xbox One with HDMI
Basically, there are two main methods to use a laptop screen as a monitor for Xbox, one is with HDMI cable and the other is wirelessly via app. So let’s take a note on both of these methods one by one and see what suits you the best.
Certainly, if you want to use a laptop as a monitor for Xbox, there are few things that you will be required to do prior to enjoying the final results. For Xbox, you need an HDMI cable, laptop that supports HDMI input connectivity and of course the Xbox one gaming console. After you have made sure of these essentials, here is what you need to do!
- Make sure of the smooth connectivity and connect the one end of HDMI into the Xbox gaming console, whereas connect the other end of the cable into the laptop.
- Now wait for some seconds after switching on the Xbox in order to keep the detection of both devices in sync.
- At this point, choose the video source on the laptop that is appropriate as per the requirements.
Now your laptop should show up the UI of Xbox one. However, you can regress the display screen by the laptop video original source.
Connecting Laptop As A Monitor For Xbox One Wirelessly
But what if you don’t have HDMI cable for whatever reason, here is another method to use laptop screen as a monitor for your gaming console i.e. Xbox! For that what you need to have is
Ethernet connection or wireless internet connection, laptop with windows 10, and of course an Xbox one gaming console. Keep in mind that windows10 is an essential requirement for smooth connectivity of both devices.
Here is what you need to do!
- First of all, open up the Xbox app on your laptop.
- Now, log into the Xbox account that you have made.
- Now click on the ‘Connection’ icon that you will see above the ‘Settings’ usually on the left side of the Xbox app dashboard.
- After that, click on the ‘XboxOne’ device in order to connect to your console through your laptop.
- Under the ‘Test streaming’ and ‘More ’button, you will see the ‘Stream’ button, click it.
- Now, click ‘Continue’ when your laptop asks you for controller attachment.
This is it, and now you can freely use your laptop display screen as a monitor for Xbox one without much hassle of cable and all. This method of laptop connectivity works best for computers with windows 10 installed!
Requirements of Xbox App
Here are few requirements that Xbox demands for smooth connection, such as:
- You need windows to install on laptop or PC, since the app supports that.
- It is essential to have 2 GB of RAM and 1.5 GHz processor on a laptop. It’s a minimal requirement and it is best if you have beyond that configuration!
- It is important for the gaming console to be in sync state towards the home network by both wires or wirelessly.
A tip for smooth and stable Xbox to laptop connectivity that is wireless is to have the 5 GHz frequency band of Ethernet Wi-Fi connection. That will keep you off from facing annoying lagging, interruption, connectivity issues and random freezing.
Is A Laptop Better Alternative to Television For Xbox?
As mentioned in the start of this article, the traditional connectivity of Xbox goes well with TV. However, many people like to keep things under control and more personalized especially when it comes to the innovative gaming session such as Xbox One!
Besides, the privilege of using a laptop as a monitor with more access is something that keeps things highly favorable. Besides, it’s not very costly. Besides, the ‘almost uncompromised’ output by laptop screen is appreciable.
Overall, a laptop screen when used as a monitor greatly enhances the portability and movability of the player. If you are on the go, you don’t have to keep yourself restricted.
Some Down Sides Of Laptop Xbox Connection
But if you want the best and perfect resolution with the high-end graphics, you should consider the television connection in the first place!
- Xbox with laptop connectivity lets out the rather affected graphical quality since the source is your laptop screen.
- The adjustment and settings of the smaller screen should be abided by.
- Only few laptops support HDMI output ports and hence you have to be picky for laptops as well (if you are opting for the HDM connectivity rather than Wi-Fi).
- For wireless connectivity, you have to be keen enough to the internet speed, or else the connectivity would be lost.
In today’s guide you read the user-friendly, quick and easy methods for using a laptop as a monitor for the alternative choice of TV.
Hope you will find them assisting. There is not much of a big deal if you pick up HDMI or wireless methods. Both have been proven and many professional lean on it when it comes to try out